Grand Duke LLC seeks a motivated Construction Engineer to join its construction management team to continue and expand its mission of renovating houses that make a significant contribution to the built environment.
This is a full time position that includes Full Benefits.
Job ID: 009012
Location: San Diego Downtown
Full/Part Time: Full time
Posted Date: March 9, 2014
Drivers License: Required
# of Openings: 1
# of Applications considered: 30
Deadline: May 2014
- The construction project manager is responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of ground-up construction projects to meet ownership design, cost, schedule and safety objectives;
- In coordination with the project team, develop the initial schedule and control budget;
- Continue to update, maintain, communicate and manage consultants, subcontractors and vendors to meet scheduling and cost constraints;
- Maintain an open dialogue with the design team to provide cost feedback and materials R&D to drive project decision making to meet ownership requirements;
- Establish and monitor administrative procedures for the project;
- Prepare, execute and administer subcontracts;
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contracts, shop drawings, submittals and all other project related documents;
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices;
- Process project change orders and maintain budget updates as required;
- Provide organization, direction and training of subordinate project team members;
- Lead regularly scheduled project meetings;
- Manage closeout process; and
- Actively participate on internal team with a focus on continuous business improvement.
These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Four year degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or equal
- Minimum 8 – 10 years construction related experience;
- Cross over experience in design, field supervision, trades a plus;
- Design build experience a plus;
- Site Safety Manager or Coordinator License preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communications;
- Competent with PC – based scheduling and spreadsheet applications
- An inspired, highly motivated, solution oriented, critical thinking, change adaptable individual is required.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience
Full benefits will be provided.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s license. A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check will be made to determine acceptance of past driving record.
Candidates only, Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers